Environment Agency flood warnings have been issued for the River Cherwell from Charwelton down to Heyford north and south of Banbury, they will monitor with Thames water the Banbury flood alleviation scheme as it is a passive system with no sluice gates they are seeing no issues with it.
Both flood warnings are below
A Flood Warning has been issued by the Environment Agency.
Flood Warning in force: River Cherwell from Charwelton to above Banbury.
Flooding is expected for: River Cherwell from Charwelton to above Banbury including Woodford Halse, Edgcote and Cropredy.
Immediate action required.
Property flooding is expected. River levels are rising on the River Cherwell as a result of heavy rainfall. Therefore, flooding (of property) is possible overnight. We expect flooding to affect the Williamscot Road. Peak levels will be similar to the flooding in July 2007.
We expect river levels to remain high over the coming days.
We are closely monitoring the situation. Our incident response staff have been in the area clearing weed/trash screens. Please move family, pets and valuables to safety and avoid contact with flood water. This message will be updated as the situation changes.
What you should consider doing now
* Check your flood response plans to see how your organisation needs to respond.
* To report flooding in your area, or to contact your local Environment Agency Duty Officer, call the Incident Communication Service on 0845 850 3518.
To check the latest information for your area:
* Visit the GOV.UK website to see the current flood warnings, view river and sea levels or check the 5-day flood risk forecast: https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/target-area/061FWF14WfrdHlse
* Or call Floodline on 0345 988 1188 using quick dial code: 171425.
* Follow @EnvAgency and #floodaware on Twitter.