Bourtons Village Hall
The Bourtons Village Hall is the old Methodist chapel on Main Street in Great Bourton and can be found opposite the Swan Lane turning (just beyond the church if heading towards Cropredy). You can read the history of the village hall here. The Hall is owned by Bourtons Parish Council, which leases the Hall to the Village Hall Management Committee for a peppercorn rent. The Committee also controls the bookings. (Contact: Maggie MacAngus on 01295 750497). The chairman of the Village Hall Management Committee is Geoff Tyler who can be contacted on e-mail here.
The Hall is used in a number of ways, and is available for regular bookings and one-off events. Hiring and booking information is shown below.
The rates for hiring the hall are as follows:
- For residents: £6 per hour; £24 for half a day and £48 for a full day.
- For non-residents: £13 per hour; £50 for half a day and £95 for a full day.
Insurance & Equipment
The Hall is insured for 40 people (seated) and 50 people for standing events and for 15 people in the kitchen. The kitchen is fully equipped with crockery, cutlery, kettles, a microwave, a refrigerator and a warming oven but there are no cooking facilities. There are tables and chairs in the hall area to be used as required for your event.
New committee members would be very welcome! We are a friendly bunch, and the workload is far from arduous. If you’d like to find out what is involved, come along to the AGM, (usually held in December) email or call Maggie MacAngus on 750497
Registered Charity, No. 1064257 (Oxon)
Conditions of Hire
The Hirer to Note the Following:
- The Hall is covered by Public Liability Insurance only.
- The Hall Management Committee accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage to property or personal injury during the period of hire, unless they are legally responsible.
- The named applicant shall not be under eighteen years of age and shall be in charge of and present on the premises during the period of hire.
- The maximum number of people allowed in the Main Hall is fifty with a further fifteen allowed in the Committee/Kitchen Room.
The Hirer is responsible for the Following:
- Keeping and maintaining good order and decent behaviour during the period of hire.
- Arranging their own Public Liability Insurance Cover and advising any persons attending any paid activity function that they are participating at their own risk and should arrange their own Personal Accident Cover, if required. Any accident must be reported to the Committee within twenty four hours .
- Seeking permission from the Management Committee to obtain a Licence for the direct or indirect sale of alcohol, if this is intended. The Licence must then be produced for inspection by the Management Committee prior to the event once obtained.
- Security of personal belongings.
- Loss or damage to the Hall, Fixtures and Fittings and any Equipment or Furnishing therein.
- Enforcing the “No Smoking” rule and safety precautions.
- Emptying rubbish bins into the outside Wheelie Bin and leaving the premises in a clean and tidy condition after use.
- Switching off heating, lights, locking up, making secure and depositing keys as instructed.
- Ensuring that events finish on time as scheduled and that users leave the premises in a quiet and orderly manner. Latest lock up time is 11.00p.m.
- Showing respect for the immediate environment with regard to Noise, Litter and Parking.
Failure to comply with any of the above Conditions may jeopardise the Hirer’s deposit and future potential use of the premises.