The Bourtons Community Hall
The Bourtons Community Hall was built as part of the Garners Field new development, on land kindly gifted to the village by the Townsend family. It is a purpose built venue available to all with prior booking. It has a large interior space with a welcoming foyer and very well appointed kitchen and bar area. The well-lit main hall, equipped with blackout blinds, is approximately 11.5m x 8.5m. Capacity up to 140, (100 seated).
There is level access throughout for visitors and guests with mobility problems.
There is a good outdoor space, accessed by double patio doors from the main hall, with a paved area in a semi-circle of mown grass. This area is equipped with a double outside power point. There is space for a marquee for increased capacity for large gatherings. Adjacent to the grounds there is a play area for young children.
There is a good sized, carpeted meeting room, equipped with tables, upholstered chairs and black-out blinds, Wi-Fi is available for guests using any part of the hall. Capacity approx. up to 20 people, 7.5m x 3.5m (average, L-shaped room)
The hall has car parking spaces for 23 vehicles including two designated for disabled users and 11 cycle stands.
Baby changing facilities are available in the both the ladies’ and gentlemen’s cloakrooms. There is also a fully equipped disabled WC.
The hall is insured for up to 140 people. There are tables and chairs in the hall area to be used as required for your event. (Total 100 chairs and 14 rectangular folding tables 1830x760mm) All hiring rates include heating, use of the kitchen (incl. crockery and cutlery) and the Bar (incl. wine glasses & tumblers). All hiring includes Wi-Fi.
The spacious kitchen is equipped with crockery, cutlery, two refrigerators and two freezers, two ovens and a hob for cooking. The bar is well equipped with glasses and a glass washer and under-counter refrigerator. Both the bar and kitchen have shuttered serving hatches to the main hall.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book or text 07810 518794.
If you wish to visit the hall prior to booking, this can be arranged for you.
Bourtons Community Hall Policies:
The Bourtons Community Hall trustees and management committee follow a number of policies and practices in key areas laid out in the downloadable documents below.
Please contact us for further information if required
Conditions of Hire
The Hirer to Note the Following:
- The Hall is covered by Public Liability Insurance only.
- The Hall Management Committee accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage to property or personal injury during the period of hire, unless they are legally responsible.
- The named applicant shall not be under eighteen years of age and shall be in charge of and present on the premises during the period of hire.
- The maximum number of people allowed in the Main Hall is fifty with a further fifteen allowed in the Committee/Kitchen Room.
The Hirer is responsible for the Following:
- Keeping and maintaining good order and decent behaviour during the period of hire.
- Arranging their own Public Liability Insurance Cover and advising any persons attending any paid activity function that they are participating at their own risk and should arrange their own Personal Accident Cover, if required. Any accident must be reported to the Committee within twenty four hours .
- Seeking permission from the Management Committee to obtain a Licence for the direct or indirect sale of alcohol, if this is intended. The Licence must then be produced for inspection by the Management Committee prior to the event once obtained.
- Security of personal belongings.
- Loss or damage to the Hall, Fixtures and Fittings and any Equipment or Furnishing therein.
- Enforcing the “No Smoking” rule and safety precautions.
- Emptying rubbish bins into the outside Wheelie Bin and leaving the premises in a clean and tidy condition after use.
- Switching off heating, lights, locking up, making secure and depositing keys as instructed.
- Ensuring that events finish on time as scheduled and that users leave the premises in a quiet and orderly manner. Latest lock up time is 11.00p.m.
- Showing respect for the immediate environment with regard to Noise, Litter and Parking.
Failure to comply with any of the above Conditions may jeopardise the Hirer’s deposit and future potential use of the premises.