Bourton Parish Council – Draft Minutes of the May meeting

EditorMeeting MinutesLeave a Comment

THE  BOURTONS  PARISH  COUNCIL
DRAFT Minutes of the meeting held at the Village Hall, Great Bourton on                                                                                                                Tuesday May 14th 2018 at 19:50
Present : Cllr Mrs S E Leszczynski (Chairman),  Cllrs Mrs S Upton, A Johnson, C Upton, D Walker.
In attendance : K Drummond (Acting Clerk),  Apologies : Cllr D Drummond, CCllr G Reynolds, DCllr P Chapman (all business), S Bowen-Clerk (Holiday)
Declarations of Interest : None
Public Participation : There were NO members of the public in attendance.
Minutes : The previous meeting (April) minutes were received and APPROVED.
Co-option to fill Councillor vacancy : Mr C Upton was co-opted having been proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Johnson.
Minute ref Item Delegated to
1904-01 Footpaths – Progress Report
1904-01.034 The footpath warden has not been able to walk the footpaths recently. Cllr Drummond will be assisting when he is fit enough to do so. Cllr S Upton suggested that any of councillors walk each of footpaths they deemed necessary and report any issues. Information
1904-02 Highways & Road defects – Progress Report
1904-02.035 Cllrs Leszczynski and S Upton met with Mr N Watson, OCC senior Highways and Drainage technician. One scheduled inspections has been missed and Cllr Upton was concerned that potholes have not been repaired or marked for repair, and there are still several issues waiting to be resolved in Little Bourton. Information
1904-02.036 ‘Minor patching’ (more extensive than individual potholes) is to be added to schedule of work for the Bourtons as follows : Information
GB :Swan Lane, School Lane
LB : Spring Lane, Chapel Lane/Buzzards Close jct. by September, and potholes will be temporarily made safe until then. The drainage problem in Little Bourton will also be addressed.
1904-03 Village benches – Progress Report
1904-03.037 Resident who has been finishing bench repairs is no longer available due to work commitments. The bench on Southam Road GB needs the slats replacing, another resident will be approached. The materials are in storage. Chairman
1904-04 Defibrillators – Progress Report
1904-04.038 Both machines inspected and OK. Information
1904-04.039 The interior light on the Little Bourton defibrillator is now working. Pads and batteries in both machines have now been replaced at a cost of £458, paid for by the parish council. A contingency will be put in the budget for this in future. Information
1904-05 Website development – Progress Report.
1904-05.040 A meeting will be held with the website manager to set up an online calendar on the website for booking requests for the community hall. These will be picked up manually as they may clash with bookings made by telephone. Cllr Mrs Upton
1904-06 Garners Field development – Progress Report
1904-06.041 A snagging meeting was due to be held on Wednesday 22nd May but this has been cancelled as the site will not be ready. Information
1904-07.042 Legal transfer of the site could take up to 2 months, Aplins Solicitors have sent an invoice to pay for searches to be done but it was decided that payment be withheld until it was made clear what the searches were for and if they were necessary. Chairman
1904-07 Playgrounds & Public Spaces
1904-07.043 Great Bourton – Nothing to report. Well cared for, as usual. Information
1904-07.044 There were smashed beer bottles in the Little Bourton playground which were cleared up by Cllr C Upton. Information
1904-07.045 New markers have been placed in the Burial Ground for new graves by Cllr Mrs Upton and Mr David Upton, thanks were expressed. Information#
1904-08 Allotments
1904-08.046 There are 2 people on the waiting list who will be contacted as a current tenant wishes to give up half of their plot. The 2 half plots will be registered as a and b for documentation reasons. Information
1904-09 Public transport
1904-09.047 Letter to OCC David Taylor. Cllr S Upton has spoken to one of his team who said the letter seemed muddled and hadn’t asked for a meeting, but has now asked Mr Taylor to contact the parish council to set one up. Information
1904-10 Village Hall
1904-10.048 The PC will approach Mr G Barratt to re-paint the white lines on the steps of the village hall. Cllr C Upton already has the paint for this. Cllr Mrs Upton
1904-11 Healthcare
1904-011.049 Cllr A Johnson attended a PPG meeting and will circulate the minutes to councillors. Cllr Johnson
1904-50 Finance & Administration
1904-50.050 The financial report for May 2019 had been circulated and was APPROVED. Information
1904-50.051 5 payments totalling £1,657.38 were APPROVED. A further payment of £409 to Aplins solicitors was deferred for more detailed information. To comply with the requirements of the Transparency Code those in excess of £100 are listed below:
CDC:  Bi annual dog bin emptying charge                         £ 384.00
K C Graphics: Website hosting                                             £ 468.00
Tessa Hennessy Solicitor: Legal advice re CH charity     £ 400.00
SW Services: May mowing charge                                       £  375.00
1904-52.052 AGAR exemption form not approved as councillors wanted more information; the deadline is not until the end of June so this will be approved at the June meeting.
1904-52.053 The annual accounts for year ending March 2019 will be approved at the June meeting.
1904-52.054 Standing Orders and Financial Regulations  had been previously circulated but are in need of further review.
1905-52-055 The burial ground records need to be reviewed to ensure compliance with latest legislation.
1904-60
1904-60.056 Planning applications Information
19/00627/F The Beeches – no objections.
1904-60.057 Decisions: Information
19/00301/OUT Land adjacent to Spring Lane – refused.
Enforcement matters:
1904-60.058 A meeting is being arranged with the Planning Dept to discuss current issues. Chairman
1904-70 Correspondence
1904-70.059 CDC are launching a charity lottery to support local good causes in parishes, PC will attend the meeting. Chairman
1904-80 New business:
1904-80.060 Report from P Drury, coordinating PCC, Friends of All Saints and BPC grant application re Church clock and tower: The tender process is complete, a meeting is being held on 19th May to discuss these. The parish council need to see a breakdown of costs as only clock repairs are relevant to PC. There was a discussion as to whether there needs to be a faculty for the clock. [Information subsequent to meeting: Yes, it appears that faculty must be requested] Information
1904-80.061 100 tickets for Fairport will be available this year, planned date for sale is Tuesday 18th June, £45 per ticket. Information
1904-80.062 Welcome pack for new residents: This is currently under development but should be available for distribution in early June. Information
1904-90 County & District Councillors report
No District or County Councillors were present, see apologies, so no updates provided.
Date of next meeting : Tuesday June 11th 7.30pm in the Village Hall.
Meeting closed at 21:21  hrs
Minutes drafted by the Acting Clerk  on 10/04/19.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *