Bourtons Parish Council Minutes of June Meeting

EditorMeeting MinutesLeave a Comment

THE  BOURTONS  PARISH  COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting held at the Village Hall, Great Bourton on                                                                                                                Tuesday June 11th 2019 at 19:30
Present : Cllr Mrs S E Leszczynski (Chairman),  Cllrs Mrs S Upton, A Johnson, C Upton, CCllr G Reynolds.
In attendance : S Bowen (Clerk),  Apologies : Cllr D Drummond(holiday), D Walker(business), D.Cllrs P Chapman (all business), D Webb(personal)
Declarations of Interest : None
Public Participation : There were 4 members of the public in attendance.
Minutes : The previous Council & AGM meetings (May) minutes were received and APPROVED.
Public Participation
4 members of the public were present to inform Cllrs about a meeting they had attended with Mr W Lombard regarding his intention to apply for planning permission re a site off School Lane.  Mr Lombard had explained that the site was capable of accommodating up to 18 houses but that his current intention was to propose a scheme for 3 bungalows, and to offer the lower part of the site to the PC to provide security against future development.  He would also offer neighbouring residents land to be used to extend their gardens.  Residents explained that they were concerned about this potential development and wanted to understand the PC’s stance.  They were advised that until a formal planning application was made by Mr Lombard there was nothing for the Council to consider, but that Mr Lombard had requested a meeting with Cllrs.  Mr Lombard has also booked the Village Hall and intends to hold a drop-in session on June 25th to present his proposals to interested residents. Information
Minute ref Item Delegated to
1904-01 Footpaths – Progress Report
1906-01.063 No further updates received, OCC public access team staff have been clearing footpath 138/7/10 of brambles & growth. Information
1906-02 Highways & Road defects – Progress Report
1906-02.064 Nothing to report following meeting with OCC and action awaited re major repairs marked on Crow Lane. Information
1906-02.065 The partially collapsed brick pathway on Manor Road has been reported, it is understood that damage was caused by the refuse lorry. Information
1906-02.066 Requests for support from GB residents regarding speeding on Main Street have been fully discussed.  This matter has been previously raised with OCC who are not prepared to take action as the speed survey did not indicate sufficient volume of speeding vehicles.  They advised that a Community Speedwatch programme was likely to be the most effective deterrent and this Council remains supportive if local residents wish to pursue this idea. Information
1906-03 Village benches – Progress Report
1906-03.067 The refurbishment of the benches is now complete and thanks are due to Mr G Barrett for his support. Information
1906-04 Defibrillators – Progress Report
1906-04.068 Both defibrillators in good working order. Information
1906-05 Website development – Progress Report.
1906-05.069 Update work continues and new pages will be added to support the Community Hall and our compliance with the Transparency Code; a list of information to be published is to be provided. Cllr Mrs Upton   Clerk
1906-06 Garners Field development – Progress Report
1906-06.070 Site now nearing completion. A very small number of houses remain to be sold. Information
1906-07 Playgrounds & Public Spaces
1906-07.071 GB : very clean and tidy, thanks to local residents for their support.  Some branches have come down during recent high winds and these will be removed. Cllr C Upton
1906-07.072 LB : good with no litter, thanks to local residents.  The additional litter bin is to be ordered to be mounted near the shelter Clerk
1906-07.073 The footpath alongside the Village Hall has been added to the Police patrol route to deter youths from gathering at the rear of the Hall, and PCSO’s have reported no evidence found to date.  Patrols will continue. Information
1906-08 Allotments
1906-08.074 An application has been received to share a plot and has been successfully accommodated.  Waiting list remains at 3. Information
1906-08.075 It had been noted that a number of plots have yet to be cultivated this year.  In view of the growing waiting list tenants will be reminded of the tenancy condition that requires them to keep plots is good working order. Information
1906-09 Public transport
1906-09.076 A new Garners Field resident has raised the issue of no public transport with the PC.  This is not a matter the PC has any power over and she will be advised to contact OCC directly. PC investigations of alternative transport solutions are ongoing. Information
1906-10 Village & Community Hall
1906-10.077 Following discussion with the Village Hall Management Committee, the current trust arrangement for the Village Hall is to continue until the next AGM in December, when a number of current trustees have advised they wish to stand down.  At this time the incorporation of this trust into the new CIO being created to manage the Community Hall will be actioned and remaining trustees will be invited to join the committee. Information
1906-10.078 The safety edging on the steps to the VH have been been repainted, again thanks to Mr G Barrett for his very good work. Information
1906-10.079 A recall action on a valve on the recently installed boiler in the VH has been completed, but incorrect information on ownership is held by the manufacturers and this will be amended. Clerk
1906-10.080 Legal work continues to manage the transfer of the Hall to the PC, with necessary searches now underway.  A handover event organised by Hayfield Homes is scheduled for July 4th for people who have been involved in the development to date.  Invited guests only, but an official opening event for the community will be held once fitting out of the hall is complete : date tbc. Information
1906-11 Healthcare
1906-011.081 A public meeting is to be held in Banbury Town Hall on July 4th to review reports of future strategy re the Horton.  The HOSC (health overview & scrutiny committee) continues to review the OUH Trust plans for the Horton, and have the ability to require specific actions if they do not agree with proposals. Information
1906-50 Finance & Administration
1906-50.082 The financial statement for June including receipts and payments had been previously circulated to Cllrs and was APPROVED. Information
1906-50.083 7 payments totaling £1305.67 were APPROVED.  To comply with the requirements of the Transparency Code those in excess of £100 are listed below: Information
SW Services : grass mowing : £375.00
Vision ICT : renewal of email address licenses : £129.60
Qtr salary payments : £750.00
1906-52.084 The Governance statement (AGAR form) was reviewed APPROVED and signed. Information
1906-52.085 The Accounting statement (AGAR form) was reviewed APPROVED and signed. Information
1906-52.086 The external audit exemption certificate (AGAR form) was reviewed and APPROVED. Information
1906-52.087 The Financial Regulations and Standing Orders previously presented for approval are to be further reviewed in the light of an updated issue from NALC.  These will be represented following this work. Information
1906-52.088 The annual water account has been received from Castle Water for a considerably reduced amount, & following discussion it was RESOLVED to accept and pay this without further query. Information
1906-60
1906-60.089 Planning applications Information
No new applications have been received.
1906-60.090 Decisions Information
19/00627/F : The Beeches, Main Street, GB : extensions : APPROVED
Enforcement matters
1906-60.091 Legal action by CDC in respect of Land Parcel 2783 continues.Remediation work to comply with Amended planning permission is being undertaken at the ‘Foaling Stables’ opposite. PC  and D Cllrs’  discussion with CDC planning dept (Enforcement) is ongoing. Information
1906-70 Correspondence
1906-70.092 Communications received from 2 residents concerned about excessive grass clippings at the Burial Ground were discussed and the matter will be reviewed with our mowing conttractor.  Residents will be kept advised. Information
1906-70.93 Your Chairman, Vice-Chair and Clerk will attend the Parish Liaison meeting at CDC on June 12th.  The meeting will be webcast by CDC. Information
1906-80 New business
1906-80.094 Planning work for the restoration work on the Church lychgate tower and parish clock continues with the drafting of the necessary Faculty application to the Diocese. Information
1906-80.095 The Welcome Pack is nearing completion with artwork now underway, final review later this month. Information
1906-80.096 The Churchyard warden has requested a lightweight strimmer to provide a safer piece of equipment to strim the steep banks.  Available models are to be reviewed and a quote obtained from suitable local suppliers. Information
1906-90 County & District Councillors report
1906-90.097 CCllr Reynolds advised that the proposed motorway service area at M40 j11 has been rejected, but a further application for industrial &  warehouse units on the site has been approved.  Other local PC’s are concerned about potential traffic congestion. Information
1906-90.098 CCllr Reynolds has offered to support the restoration work being planned by the PC on the Parish Clock.  An application will be provided and be completed and submitted to CCllr Reynolds.  Our thanks for his support. CCllr Reynolds     Clerk
Date of next meeting : Tuesday July 9th at 7.30pm in the Village Hall.
Meeting closed at 22:00  hrs
Minutes drafted by the Clerk  on 12/06/19.
Signed
Approved and signed on 9/7/19
Cllr Mrs S Leszczynski, Chairman

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *