Bourtons Parish Council – Minutes of the July ’19 Meeting

EditorMeeting MinutesLeave a Comment

THE  BOURTONS  PARISH  COUNCIL
 Minutes of the meeting held at the Village Hall, Great Bourton on                                                                                                               Tuesday July 9th 2019 at 19:30
Present : Cllr Mrs S E Leszczynski (Chairman),  Cllrs Mrs S Upton, A Johnson, C Upton, D Walker, D Drummond
In attendance : S Bowen (Clerk),  Apologies :  DCllr P Chapman (business), CCllr G Reynolds (business)
Declarations of Interest : None
Public Participation : There were NO members of the public in attendance.
Minutes : The previous Council meetings (June) minutes were received and APPROVED.
Minute ref Item Delegated to
1907-01 Footpaths – Progress Report
1907-01.099 No further updates received, general condition of footpaths is very overgrown and urgently requiring attention Information
1907-01.100 The new footpath running inside hedge of Garners Field development, parallel to Southam Road, is now under construction to join up with footpath  138/5. Information
1907-02 Highways & Road defects – Progress Report
1907-02.101 No further activity re repairing Crow Lane & Foxden Way despite visit and markings by OCC staff. Information
1907-02.102 Faster action appears to be taken when residents, rather than the PC, report potholes, so please use “fixmystreet.com” to  report local problems. Information
1907-03 Village benches – Progress Report
1907-03.103 Strimming of long grass around bench on Foxden Way and around noticeboard in LB to be attended to. Clerk
1907-04 Defibrillators – Progress Report
1907-04.104 Both defibrillators in good working order. Information
1907-05 Website development – Progress Report.
1907-05.105 Update work continues and new pages will be added to support the Community Hall and our compliance with the Transparency Code. Cllr Mrs Upton   Clerk
1907-06 Garners Field development – Progress Report
1907-06.106 The new LAP (local area of play) is now installed, but height of junior flat swing appears wrong, to be investigated. Information
1907-06.107 The completion event held by Hayfields Homes saw about 70 of their invited guests view the new Hall prior to it being handed over to the Council following completion of final works and the legal process.  This is anticipated to be later in July.  Following this, and delivery of initial new equipment (tables, chairs, catering equip etc) the Council will announce an opening event for all residents. Information
1907-07 Playgrounds & Public Spaces
1907-07.108 GB : very clean and tidy, thanks to local residents for their support. Cllr C Upton
1907-07.109 LB : good but litter in shelter has become an issue.  Evidence of smoking and substances will be reported to our local PCSO’s who will be asked to increase their informal patrols of this area. Clerk
1907-08 Allotments
1907-08.110 The recently resigned plot has now been relet.  Waiting list stands at 2. Information
1907-09 Public transport
1907-09.111 The Chairman has spoken with DCllr Chapman regarding public transport and he has introduced John Charlton, recently appointed by OCC to improve community transport; communication is ongoing.  It is obvious that there will not be any new public transport, but services such as dial-a-ride are to be further investigated. Chairman          Cllr Drummond
1907-10 Village & Community Hall
1907-10.112 The minutes of the recent VHMC meeting have been received Information
1907-10.113 A trip hazard on the steps to the VH has been noticed and repaired by Mr D Upton, many thanks for his prompt attention. Information
1907-10.114 The final version of the legal transfer document for the Community Hall has now been received and considered by Cllrs.  It was RESOLVED to accept our solicitors advice and APPROVE this to allow the legal proceedings to complete. Clerk
1907-10.115 CDC have recently advised that their support fund has now closed having spent their funds for this year, preventing us from benefitting.  Application can only be made following receipt of detailed quotes and proof that PC owned building  This will place stress on The Bourtons Community Hall funds and Cllr Johnson proposed that the PC increase their contribution to TBCH by £5k and allocate the receipts of this years Fairport ticket sales to equipping the Hall.  THis was seconded by Cllr Mrs Upton and council RESOLVED to do so.  Items purchased by the PC will remain Parish property and be added to the Asset Register. Clerk
1907-10.116 Competitive quotes have been received from members of the Inst of Fire Engineers to complete the legally required Fire Risk Assessment, and following consideration by Cllrs, it was RESOLVED to accept the quote from Dukes Fire Safety, and to purchase the recommended equipment through them. Clerk
1907-11 Healthcare
1907-11.117 Cllr Johnson reports that the patient list at Cropredy Surgery will remain closed for the rest of this year, while efforts to recruit a further Doctor continue. Information
1907-11-118 The local Health Overview & Scrutiny Committee are meeting to further review maternity provision at The Horton and will  report back shortly.  They have identified other Trusts where small consultant lead units are working successfully. Information
1907-11-119 A public meeting is to be held in Banbury to consider OUH proposals to increase the provision of out patient and diagnostic services at The Horton.  This PC will encourage that the matter of car parking be raised at this meeting. Information
1907-50 Finance & Administration
1907-50.120 The financial statement for July including receipts and payments had been previously circulated to Cllrs and was APPROVED.  This included reduced income from Fairport ticket sales. Information
1907-50.121 4 payments totaling £849.71 were APPROVED.  To comply with the requirements of the Transparency Code those in excess of £100 are listed below: Information
Prysebros Ltd : bi-annual weedkill treatment : £294.00
IG & M Cobb Estate : GB playground rent : £250.00
Clerk : 6 months misc purchases [supported by receipts] : £185.71
1907-51.122 Fairport ticket sales significantly reduced this year, currently reported at 80 out of a reduced allocation of 100, generating £3600 to support local issues, this year agreed to be equipping the Community Hall. Information
1907-52.123 A new model Standing Orders draft to comply with changes in legislation has been released by NALC and this is to be circulated to Cllrs for information.  It was RESOLVED to adopt this. Information
1907-52.124 The Financial Regulations previously circulated were discussed and it was RESOLVED to also adopt these. Information
1907-60
1907-60.125 Planning applications Information
No new applications have been received.
1907-60.126 Decisions Information
No new decisions have been received.
Enforcement matters
1907-60.127 Ongoing local enforcement matters were discussed and it was AGREED that current action by CDC is not acceptable despite considerable pressure from this Council and our District Councillors.  It was RESOLVED that, following further discussions with our D Cllrs, an urgent meeting would be requested with the CDC CEO and relevant members of her team.  This Council could be accompanied by our legal advisor. Information
1907-70 Correspondence
1907-70.128 Communications received from 2 residents concerned about excessive grass clippings at the Burial Ground was discussed.  The matter has been raised with our contractor and greater care around headstones will be taken. Information
1907-70.129 A request to reserve a specific plot in the Burial Ground has been received, and the resident will be advised that currently our regulations prevent this.  The Burial Ground regulations will be reviewed later this year. Information
1907-80 New business
1907-80.130 A combined Faculty application for restoration work on the Church lychgate tower and parish clock has now been submitted to the Diocese. Information
1907-80.131 The Welcome Pack is nearing completion with artwork now underway, final review later this month. Information
1907-80.132 Quotes for the purchase of a lightweight strimmer for Churchyard maintenance,  have been received, and it was RESOLVED to APPROVE the purchase of a suitable model costing less than £300 . Information
1907-90 County & District Councillors report
1907-90.133 No District or County councillors were present so no report was made. Information
Date of next meeting : Tuesday September 10th at 7.30pm in the Village Hall.or The Bourtons Community Hall, to be confirmed.
Meeting closed at 21:25  hrs

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *