Bourton Parish Council Meeting Minutes – March 2020

EditorMeeting MinutesLeave a Comment

THE  BOURTONS  PARISH  COUNCIL
 Minutes of the meeting held at the Community Hall, Great Bourton on                                                                                                               Tuesday March 10th 2020 at 19:30
Present : Cllrs Mrs S E Leszczynski (Chairman), A Johnson, C Upton, D Walker, D Drummond
In attendance : S Bowen (Clerk), C.Cllr G Reynolds, Apologies : Cllr Mrs S Upton (business), DCllr P Chapman (business)
Declarations of Interest : None
Public Participation : There were two members of the public in attendance.
Minutes : The previous Council meetings (February) minutes were received and APPROVED.
Minute ref Item Delegated to
Public Participation
Members of the public notified the Council that a potential future use of an agricultural building in Hanwell Lane is thought to be under consideration and have questioned if this will require a planning application to be made.  Council to investigate Clerk
2003-01 Footpaths – Progress Report
2003-01.294 No reports received Information
2003-02 Highways & Road defects – Progress Report
2003-02.295 Advice received from OCC that next highways inspection due end of March but that they are running approx 11 weeks late. Information
2003-02.296 Pothole problems should continue to be reported by residents on FixMyStreet website.
2003-04 Defibrillators – Progress Report
2003-04.297 Both machines inspected and reported OK.  Severe downpipe leak noticed at Village Hall pouring water over machine – fixed, see report below in -10. Information
2003-05 Website development – Progress Report.
2003-05.298 In the absence of Cllr Mrs Upton no update available. Community Hall pages with booking information have been added. Information
2003-06 Projects
Garners Field
2003-06.299 Quotes being sought for maintenance of LAP and surrounding grounds to support offer from CDC to assume responsibility for LAP. Information
Clock restoration
2003-06.300 Permission to commence installation of the Parish Clock autowind mechanism has now been received from the Vicar and a date is awaited from Smith of Derby, the appointed expert contractor.  This will necessitate the clock being out of action for approx 6 weeks and information will be published in the Broadsheet and website. Information
2003-07 Playgrounds & Public Spaces
2003-07.301 Both playgrounds inspected and reported OK.  Grass in LB is now very long and first cut will be done urgently. Information
2003-07.302 Bicycle reported abandoned last month remains and will be removed. Information
2003-08 Allotments
2003-08.303 Plot resignation advice received, plot inspected and it was AGREED that deposit could be refunded.  New potential tenant at top of waiting list advised and new tenancy agreement issued, signed copy and cheque awaited. Clerk
2003-08.304 Further reports of vandalism/thefts received and reported to police.  Urgent consideration of PIR lighting and CCTV to be progressed and raised at upcoming Tenants Committee meeting. Clerk     Chairman
2003-09 Public transport
2003-09.305 The draft Funding Agreement to transfer the Garners Field s106 monies for public transport to this Council has been agreed and we await bound copy for signing.  It was RESOLVED that we would make the initial contribution now overdue to Ability CIC from PC funds immediately. Clerk
2003-09.306 Following receipt of funds and payments agreed to Ability CIC, there will be significant surplus remaining which can be used on other public transport projects.  Residents are encouraged to propose ideas to Councillors for consideration. Information
2003-10 Village Hall
2003-10.307 Report received of  failed downpipe above defibrillator causing large escape of water threatening machine.  Cllr Upton has replaced the pipe and our thanks were expressed.  Clerk to write advising VHMC of actions. Clerk
2003-10.308 Availability of fire resistant board to effect repair to damaged oil tank has delayed repair.  It was AGREED to investigate the feasibility of covering the damaged area with aluminium checker plate as an alternative. Clerk
Community Hall
2003-10.309 Final version of lease to TBCH CIO agreed and will be presented to them for agreement this month. Information
2003-10.310 2 quotes now received for future grounds maintenance, but significantly higher than Ground Solutions offer, this is now time expired and an updated quote will be requested. Clerk
2003-10.311 the first business rates demand has been received from CDC.  This is for the full amount from 01.08.19 CDC will be advised that this date is incorrect and that they should address demand to TBCH CIO, to allow the application of the concessionary rate available to charities for community facilities. Clerk
2003-10.312 It has been noted that residents vehicles are being parked in the CH carpark, which is reserved exclusively for users of the Hall.  Residents are requested to cease parking here unless they are attending events at the Hall.  A notice will be erected to confirm this. Information
2003-11 Healthcare
2003-11.313 No update re Horton Hospital situation.  Cropredy Surgery advise that a further new part-time Doctor, Elin Cox has joined the practice.  Investigations continue into provision of additional parking at Surgery to avoid damage to roadside verge. Information
2003-50 Finance & Administration
2003-50.314 The financial statement for March including receipts and payments had been previously circulated to Cllrs and was APPROVED. Information
2003-50.315 7 payments totaling £3,584.76 were APPROVED.  To comply with the requirements of the Transparency Code those in excess of £100 are listed below: Information
OALC : annual subscription : £150.34
K & C Graphics : website work to support CH : £133.32
Ability CIC : contribution to new public transport : £500.00
Smith of Derby : deposit re clock autowind mechanism : £2656.80
2003-51.316 Confirmation that date of May meeting (& AGM) has been advanced to May 5th Information
2003-60 Planning applications
2003-60.317 2 new applications received & advice from residents that a potential change-of-use situation which may require an application, has been discovered on Hanwell Lane, Council to investigate with CDC. Clerk
20/00579/F : Mr & Mrs Martin, Stonelea, School Lane, GB : 2 x bungalows Information
20/00429/LB: Mrs Damen : replacement back door (Listed Building Consent) Information
Decisions
No new decisions advised Information
2002-70 Correspondence
2003-70.318 Further email from a resident requesting if they can advance purchase an ashes plot in the Burial Ground.  Discussed and Clerk to confirm situation to applicant. Clerk
2003-80 New business
2003-80.319 Resident has asked if a solar powered speed warning sign could be installed at the bottom of Main Street.  This has been previously raised with OCC (responsible as the Highways Authority), who rejected the request, and will be investigated with them again. Clerk
2003-80.320 The APM will take place before the Council meeting next month and any residents who have suggestions to be included on the APM agenda should contact the Clerk, Chairman or a Councillor. Information
2003-90 County & District Councillors report
2003-90.321 CCllr Reynolds advised that Wroxton and North Newington PCs had successfully installed  solar-powered speed sign and the Clerk will enquire with them regarding details and costs. Clerk
Information
Date of next meeting : Tuesday April 14th at 7.30pm.
Meeting closed at 21:39  hrs
Minutes drafted by the Clerk  on 11/03/20.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *